Monday, April 19, 2010

Album of the Week- In a Cloud "New Sounds Of San Francisco" Compilation


I just Picked this Comp up yesterday from Green Apple Books and Records. I Recognized some groups that I liked on it, like Thee Oh Sees, Ty Segall, and The Fresh and Onlys. Needless to say I was eager to hear the other cats on the record that I was unfamiliar with. It's a pretty darn good record. It seems like the popular sound out here right now could be described as a post-punk hippie kinda vibe recorded deep within a well, and I like it. Local label Secret Seven put it out, and as much as it sounds like throw away tracks from the groups I'm more acquainted with, all the artists on the comp have a unique style and the record flows well. The range is from psych folk to lo-fi garage punk yet it remains pretty cohesive throughout, good shit. Go pick it up and support the local scene. Here's a cut off the album, Thee Oh Sees "Contraption".

No comments:

Post a Comment