Thursday, August 5, 2010

Album of the Week - Gospel Songs From Kenya Kikamba Hymns Sung By D. Nzomo


I found this little gem a couple weeks ago, and was super pumped when I put the needle to it. The cover alone is worth the purchase, That ill font?!? So sick. Anyhow, it was released on Folkways Records in 1976, and is so awesome. Really mellow, with the most beautiful harmonies, and great guitar pickin'. This is a good LP to put on for heavy lamping sessions. I love this record, and pretty much anything Folkways Records has put out that I've heard. They knew what the fuck was up. Every song on here is great. They all sound very similar, but it's to be expected with such a record, and doesn't bother me one bit. The track I chose to play is called "Kyathi Kya Mboya Ki Muyo" which translates to "Sweet Hour of Prayer". Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment